5 Things You Didn't Know About Stephanie

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Paper Bindings | 5 Things You Didn't Know About Stephanie


Unless you live under a mound of books, then I’m sure you’ve heard talk about Book Expo America (BEA) and BookCon across the social media web. While two bloggers here at Paper Bindings attended BookCon one day last year, this will be the first time the whole group has gone to a book related function. (Aside from our book club outings that is.)

So to kick off our excitement, we thought we’d share five things about us that most of you wouldn’t already know.

NUMBER ONE: I am a total Fangirl

In both the best and worst ways, I am a total fangirl. I read or watch something and become totally obsessed. I have my heart split amongst so many fandoms it isn't even funny. Comic books/ Super Heroes? Check (Spider-man, Batman, Nightwing, Loki [Journey into Mystery & Agent of Asgard], Deadpool, Flash, the X-men, the list goes on). Doctor Who? Check. Harry Potter? Check. Sherlock? Check. Horatio Hornblower? Check. Doctor Horrible? Check. Lord of the Rings? Check. The Hunger Games? Check. Alex Rider? Check. Buffy/Angel? Check. I think I should probably stop listing things now...

I also had a propensity to join Fan-Clubs. The Fan Clubs I have been a member of include (but are not limited to) : The Babysitter's Club Fan Club, The Nancy Drew Fan Club, The Power Rangers Fanclub, and the Backstreet Boys Fan Club. Please don't judge me.


NUMBER TWO: I have really green eyes

Like really green. I've had people ask me whether my eye color was real, or if I was wearing contacts to make them so green. Though oddly, I've also been told that my eyes sometimes look blue. And I think they sometimes they look hazel, like a little brown around the pupil along with the green. I prefer to think of them as green though, and that's what I always tell people when they ask my eye color.


NUMBER THREE: I am very clumsy.

I call it a good day if I don't injure myself just by existing. I once broke a toe while standing up from a chair. I can barely walk in a straight line or without tripping over myself. I recently bruised a ligament by slamming my hand into my dresser while rushing to leave the house. And I once walked headfirst into a wooden ceiling beam in a barn. You get the idea.


NUMBER FOUR: I am a sucker for a happy ending

I love happy endings. I hate sad things. I am very much an escapist when it comes to my entertainment.  It doesn't need to be romantically happy, just you know, sort of 'feel good'. Or maybe 'contented'.  Or at the very least 'bittersweet'. It's ridiculously easy to make me cry when it comes to movies or books; it's kind of a joke amongst my friends. I usually avoid tragically toned media like the plague.


NUMBER FIVE: I like a good debate

I have, throughout my life, constantly been told I should be a lawyer. By my family, friends, and even on one occasion by one of my literature professors. Sometimes I like to pick a side, even if I don't care about what's being discussed, and argue the issue. And let's just say that I can get oddly competitive sometimes and that I like to be right. Obviously, I'm great fun at a party.

On an only slightly related note, I also have a flip switch. Generally speaking, I'm a pretty laid back, calm, nice person (at least I like to think so).  It's pretty hard to truly anger me. But, sometimes, very rarely, something will make me actually angry. And in the words of Bruce Banner: "You wouldn't like me when I'm angry"

Not violent angry, just passionately vocally angry (in case anyone was worried about my fellow bloggers). I also have more than enough fingers to count the occasions when I was actually angry, so I'm not that terrible.





The Bloggers


Stephanie


author image

Stephanie

Stephanie is a tutor who loves helping people improve and excel. She loves a good story, so is obsessed with books, films, TV, and comics. A regular geek with a heart of gold ;)

8 comments:

  1. Nice list! Why are green eyes Mary Sue eyes lol?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was mostly referring to the fact that my eye color changes, and Mary-Sue characters tend to have unrealistically colored or changeable eyes, lol.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I should really own more green clothing, lol.

      Delete
  3. Love that fangirl gif! hehehehe

    And "Stephanie smash puny camping trip!" XD I'm laughing so hard right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy is not my favorite, but I saw the gif and thought: perfect.

      ;) That's a specific and maddening reference. Worst trip to Pennsylvania ever, lol.

      Delete
    2. Every time I hear about this trip I am reminded why I didn't want to go in the first place.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...