5 Things I Bet You Didn’t Know About Tracy

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Paper Bindings | 5 Things I Bet You Didn’t Know About Tracy



Unless you live under a mound of books, then I’m sure you’ve heard talk about Book Expo America (BEA) and BookCon across the social media web. While two bloggers here at Paper Bindings attended BookCon one day last year, this will be the first time the whole group has gone to a book related function. (Aside from our book club outings that is.)

So to kick off our excitement, we thought we’d share five things about us that most of you wouldn’t already know.

NUMBER ONE: I don't like old books.

I know, I know. Crazy talk right? This history loving librarian isn’t a fan of old books? I don’t dislike their existence - I love archives and looking at old books- I’m just not a fan of touching them or their smell. For some reason it creeps me out and I’m not entirely sure why. I’m not someone who goes crazy about germs and stuff but thinking about all the places they’ve been skeeves me out. I think it goes back to one time when I was little and I opened an old book to find a giant spider between the pages. Yuck.

NUMBER TWO: Drive Thru

I dislike drive-thrus. Especially if I'm ordering for someone else in the car. I'm not sure what it is but I guess it's the shy/introvert in me. What if I look dumb? What if I say the wrong thing? Am I holding the line up? Ugh.

NUMBER THREE: Collect Papers

I try to collect newspapers from every new town/country I visit. I love to travel and I love history so I figure it's a good mix.

NUMBER FOUR: Braids

I love braids. If I ever have a little girl, I'm probably going to give her pig tails everyday. On myself I like to experiment with different types of braid styles.

NUMBER FIVE: Not knowing what I'm doing.

I like to help. I love it when I have a task to do that will keep me busy. When it's somewhere where I don't know what's what, I hate it/am awkward. I'm awkward generally but this takes the cake. For example I have to help with "clean up day" at the historical society I'm on the board for (another thing you might not know about me, I guess!) on Saturday and I'm dreading it because I'll get there and want to help but I don't know where things are or what's accepted and ugh. A former friend called me out on it and now I'm even more paranoid about it. I just fear being pushy so I'll wait and take it all in but it probably looks like I'm standing around. Maybe? Anyway, I just like opportunities where I have always have a purpose/know how to find ways to keep helping.



The Bloggers


Tracy


author image

Tracy

Tracy is a history/film fan who loves to read YA, historical and contemporary fiction. She’s also a sucker for a sad tale. Harry Potter (“Harry Potter”), Peeta Mellark (“Hunger Games”), Nathaniel Blake (“Little Men”) and Daniel Landon (“Catcher, Caught”) are her literary boyfriends. She’s also the resident Ravenclaw and librarian.

4 comments:

  1. I somehow failed to notice the newspaper thing. Wow, I am unobservant. How many trips have we been on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on drive thrus. I'd rather skip a meal then be the one who has to order. What if I get the other person's order wrong? Plus you feel like a pig when you order lots of food for lots of people....and you pull up to the window and it's just you in the car. I always get this urge to tell people I swear it's not all for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...