5 Things I Bet You Didn’t Know About Carrie

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Paper Bindings | 5 Things I Bet You Didn’t Know About Carrie


Unless you live under a mound of books, then I’m sure you’ve heard talk about Book Expo America (BEA) and BookCon across the social media web. While two bloggers here at Paper Bindings attended BookCon one day last year, this will be the first time the whole group has gone to a book related function. (Aside from our book club outings that is.)

So to kick off our excitement, we thought we’d share five things about us that most of you wouldn’t already know.

NUMBER ONE: Well, I bet you didn’t know that I actually have issues reading?


Issues reading? Yup, you read that correctly. I’m not Dyslexic per say, it doesn’t affect my reading level or comprehension of the material, but I tend to switch words and numbers around when reading. I read so fast and my brain is usually pretty good about processing the information, so I understand everything fine most of the time.

enif tsuj sdrawkcab txet eht daer nac i woh ekil tsuj

(just like how I can read the text backwards just fine. - Were you guys able to read it?)

But I loathe speaking out loud or having someone recite something I have to copy down. Because that the wires get crossed and I make mistakes. My mind always tries to picture the words just a second before I write them down. Add in a nervous stutter and a dislike of crowds, and you will never see me giving a speech in front of a large gathering.

NUMBER TWO: I hate food.

Not in any unhealthy sort of ways, I just don’t like the shopping, the prep work, the unsatisfactory eating, and, most especially, the clean up.

Unless it’s fudge or strawberries. Or maybe chocolate fudge covered strawberries, those I could devour.

I will never be a chef, I just don’t have that passion. If I ever have kids, I’ll probably step up my cooking game for their sakes. And, of course, when I win the mega millions lottery I am getting my personal chef to make me lots of new tasty goodies. It’s already on the budget plan.

But for now, can I just have one of those magic food pills that you see in science fiction programing. The ones that have all your caloric/daily nutrients in it? I’ll skip the rest please.

NUMBER THREE: Despite having learned how to parallel park, it is the bane of my driving existence.

I refuse to do it. Ever. If I don’t have enough room on the side of the street to drive up to my spot or if the place doesn’t have enough actually parking spaces, it’s not worth it for me to go there. Regardless of whatever the building was and why I needed/wanted to go there in the first place.

I better not have to parallel park to get into the afterlife, or else I’m just going to keep cruising the streets of life for all eternity.

NUMBER FOUR: I got kicked out of preschool.

I barely remember the incident in question, but I am so proud of myself for this milestone achievement.

*pats own back*

I’m a rebel, but not...

There was this boy that kept biting me, and my momma told me if he bit me again to punch him since the teacher wasn’t doing anything. And, well, bite+punch=unwelcomed at that school after that.

NUMBER FIVE: I want a tattoo.

Since I hate needles, have a low tolerance for pain, they cost money, and tattoos are permanent, I want to be 100% sure what I get is what I want before I mark my skin. But getting one is something I have been thinking more and more about lately. Getting a tattoo is also on my bucket list, and I have been trying to cross as many things off as I can and just live.

So if I don’t end up with one by the end of the year I’ll be surprised.



The Bloggers


Carrie


RELATED: Five Things I've Learned About Myself From Playing Fallout 4

4 comments:

  1. LOL I giggled at the gifs and some of your answers. I remember once my friend got kicked out of kindergarden because she beat up this one kid for saying something. I could read the backward text background, but it took me a couple of seconds to figure it out. I wasn't aware that you had issues reading, it's still great despite that you still enjoy reading xD I want a tattoo as well, but I won't ever get it either lol. Love the personal post <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forget the actual content, the gifs make this post. XD My job really sucks when people spout off number at me and my poor brain is struggling to picture them in my head and I get the order wrong. Lots of fun. Why won't you ever get a tattoo? Not a fan of pain/needles?

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
    2. 20 years or so and still learn something new :) Ooh, get a tattoo!

      Delete
    3. I've got plenty of well kept secrets. ^_^ Got to keep you guessing, lol. As soon as I find a good place and finalize the design I want. I am getting it. Not going to lie, super excited.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...