Top Ten Inspiring Quotes (Top Ten Tuesday #80)

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Paper Bindings - Top Ten Tuesday
A weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

"Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we're quoting."
- John Green

This week's theme is the Top Ten Inspiring Quotes from Books

 01. To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee -
"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view . . . until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."

02. The Test from the Animorphs series by K.A. Applegate -
"There's no real point in worrying about what you might have done. The past is the past, Tobias. Let it go."


03. The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank  -
"It's difficult in times like these. Ideals, dreams, and cherished hopes rise within us, only to be crushed by grim reality. It's a wonder I haven't abandoned all my ideals; they seem so absurd and impractical. Yet I cling to them because I still believe, in spite of everything, that people are truly good at heart."


04. A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libby Bray -
"I'm sorry, Gemma. But we can't live in the light all of the time. You have to take whatever light you can hold into the dark with you."


05. Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison -
"And my problem was that I always tried to go in everyone's way, but my own. I have also been called one thing and then another while no one really wished to hear what I called myself. So after years of trying to adopt the opinions of others I finally rebelled. I am an invisible man."


06. A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly -
"Sometimes I wish there really was such a thing as a happy ending. Sometimes there is. Depends on who's writing the story"


07.  Richard II by William Shakespeare -
"Deep malice makes too deep incision. / Forget, forgive; conclude and be agreed."


08. The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray -
"I do not want to pass the time. I want to grab hold of it and leave my mark on the world."


09. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling -
"It is our choices, Harry, that show us who we truly are, far more than our abilities."


10. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee -
"... but before I live with other folks I've got to live with myself. The only thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."



And one more because Animorphs is awesome.

11. The Illusion from the Animorphs series by K.A. Applegate -
"I discovered something among the pain and tears and confusion. I discovered that the answers to what I am, to who I am isn't something to be answered in a single word or single moment. It could take a lifetime to figure out who I am. For now, I'm willing to hang in there, floating in a thermal. Binding my time."





What is your Top Ten this week?
author image

Tisha

As an INFJ Tisha doesn’t like she obsesses. Luckily, she has television, film, and books to keep her busy. Although YA is her favorite, she loves all types of books especially historical fiction. This resident Gryffindor also enjoys traveling and seeing where her wanderlusting nature will take her. Twitter

7 comments:

  1. To Kill A Mockingbird is one of my faves! And HP has so many good quotes!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, so many good ones from HP it was hard to pick just one lol.

      Delete
  2. I liked To Kill A Mockingbird and The Diary of a Young Girl - you have some of the best classics on here. Thank you for sharing all these wonderful quotes<3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...