The Witch Hunter (Waiting on Wednesday #92)

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Weekly book Meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.


The Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker
Title: The Witch Hunter (The Witch Hunter #1)
Author: Virginia Boecker
Release Date: June 2nd, 2015
Genre: ya- paranormal - magic

“Elizabeth Grey is one of the king's best witch hunters, devoted to rooting out witchcraft and doling out justice. When she's accused of being a witch herself, Elizabeth is arrested and sentenced to die at the stake. Salvation comes from a man she thought was her enemy. Nicholas Perevil, the most powerful wizard in the kingdom, offers her a deal: he will save her from execution if she can track down the person who laid a deadly curse on him.

As she's thrust into the world of witches, ghosts, pirates, and all-too-handsome healers, Elizabeth is forced to redefine her ideas of right and wrong, of friends and enemies, and of love and hate.”

Why?:

  • Magic is always a fun genre to read about. 
  • Curses can be fun plot devices. 
  • Pirates XD 

I'm sold.


What is your Waiting On Wednesday pick this week?

16 comments:

  1. I love the premise of this novel.. Although, I didn't it like it that much when I read it. Hope you enjoy it though once you get your copy :)
    <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You didn't like it? Any particular reason?

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
    2. The actual romance is unexpected, and it's also some kind of cliche love triangle & it has several characters with their own story. Although, I did love that ending :)

      Delete
    3. Why is there always a love triangle? Can you imagine what the world would be like if we were all running around as part of a love triangle?

      I'm still planning on checking this one out, but I think it's going to be a library book first. If I like it enough to own after, I add it to my to-buy list.

      Delete
  2. This one sounds really interesting and different. I hope that you love all your new books this week.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and same to you. <3

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Yeah, magic can be a pretty good read. Thanks for sharing! :)
    My wow's at YA Story Teller

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as paranormal genres go, I think it might be one of my favorites. Of course, I love shifters and fae too.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Witch Hunter sounds great! I may have to check this one out!

    My WoW: http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/04/waiting-on-wednesday-hard-to-be-good.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you like it if you get the chance to read it!

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Here is to hoping it is a good book.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Hopefully it will live up to the hype.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. OMG!!!!!!! This sounds SO, SO.....FANTABULOUS!!!!! I think I had heard of it before, somewhere; not sure, though. But I KNOW it's going to be a GREAT story!! That plot is pulling me right in!! Off to Goodreads I go, to add it to my shelves, and then on to Amazon, to add it to my wish list!!! Thanks for featuring it!!

    Also, thanks ever so much for the wonderful comment you left on my review of "A Thousand Pieces of You!!!! Much appreciated!! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love it!

      Thank you for stopping by. XD

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...