Sunday Short #122 - April 26th, 2015

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Paper Bindings - Weekly Recap
Your guide to what's happening at Paper Bindings.


I have finally figured out how to get my TBR under control. Or at least manage it better.

To start, I am going to get over my fear of finishing series and catch up all the series I read. I am working down my goodreads TBR list and getting the books from the library in batches. So far I have only read a few books from the list but we are moving in the right direction because with the exception of a few ARCs/new series by authors I already read and love, I am not going to start any new series until I am all caught up.

I hope.

My other big idea to tackle my TBR pile, is in addition to the book I take with me to lunch, I am going to read a different book on my breaks. It might sound stupid, but I only get one-two 15 minute breaks and I usually am on my phone to keep track of the time so I don't go back late. So, I've been reading the freebie ebooks I've downloaded from iTunes. If I am not into that book by the time the break is over, down it goes.

I have a feeling I'll be adding a lot of DNF in the future, but I have too many owned books digital or otherwise for me to keep a hold of ones I'll never read. And I have too many books I NEED to read to keep wasting time on books that I am 'Eh' about.

Here is to hoping that I can tame that TBR beast!




Weekly Recap


Read



a touch of midnight by lara adrianagent i1: tristian by joni hahnthe witch who cried wolf by sarah makelathe wicked will rise by danielle paigethe shadows (black dagger brotherhood) by j r ward Dirty Little Secrets by Liliana HartEternal by Kristi Cook




Acquired

Nothing. Attempt #985,432,974,878,934 to get caught up on owned/library books.

12 comments:

  1. I have to admit I stress out more about my 'read but not reviewed' pile than my TBR pile. I always want to keep reading but the pile of reviews just grows and grows. Lately I've forced myself to have nights off reading in order to catch up. (But I hate it!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of pretend my 'read but never reviewed' pile doesn't exist. Queen of Procrastination right here. Sometimes though, I just don't have enough to say about a book to fill a whole review and it just sits there until I sweep in under the rug and move on. So I completely understand that one. Also I tend to get in these reading moods where I devote all my free time to reading that I forget I have to actually write the reviews until after I've amassed a whole pile. Good luck getting caught up.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Good luck getting your TBR list under control. I've gotten better with DNFing too. It's something that's taken me years to really get around to doing, but like you...I just don't want to waste precious reading time on books that I'm not really enjoying. And I used to never be afraid of Series Enders, but after you get screwed a couple of times you can become wary of them. My sister-in-law and I host a yearly challenge for Series Enders if you'd like a little extra motivation to knock them out!

    SP & STS
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) I hate DNFing a book. Sometimes I feel as if I've let someone down, which is ridiculous. You are right, all it takes is one bad series ender to make you afraid to finish them all. You love these characters you have invested so much time in that it just sucks when the conclusion is not epic. A yearly Series Enders challenge you say? I'll have to check it out.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. I am excited to read The Wicked Will Rise! Great haul. I think that my TBR will never be under control, but it is a good idea to finish up series!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like Wicked! Overall, I enjoyed it myself. I don't think I'll ever get my TBR under control. I'm not sure I'd want too because odds are I'd have just got angry and deleted all of them to clear it up. And, that's not something I'd want to happen.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. I find it so hard to mark a book read and not go back and review it. I'd never have time to review every book so I at least give them a rating. And I'm only starting a new series now if I plan to follow the author. Otherwise I'd never finish any. LOL

    My Sunday post - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/04/26/whats-new-on-my-bookshelf-106-and-the-sunday-post/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to leave my books in my currently reading shelf on goodreads until my review was posted there and it got so confusing. Now I just make post its and charts for everything. It's so hard to stay on top of series. You start out with one book love it, then have to wait for the next. In the meantime you fill it with new series to pass the time. By the time book two of the first series comes out, you are buried under a pile of TBR books. Hopefully you finish more than I do.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. I think reading another book during your breaks is a good idea, I recently started reading a second book on my ipad during breakfast, so I am not reading two books at the same time and I feel like I am getting more books read this way. Else I would be just playing silly games on my ipad during breakfast. Good luck with getting your TBR under control! That cover for Eternal is so pretty! I hope you'll enjoy your new books and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far this seems to be working out. Considering I hadn't touched an ebook (aside from eARCs) in years. I'm making progress on it. Feels a bit like spring cleanup. I am so bad at the getting distracted on my ipod/iPhone. I just get sucked into the world of social media and forget to do anything important.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. I do the same thing with my breaks as well especially when I'm on a long ride on the train/bus. I mostly focus on two books, one I read in my actual free time and the other on my breaks as well.. It works though, good idea! Hope you had a good week, I love that gif you have posted aha<3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far it's working, I'm making progress. Once I get caught up on all owed blog stuff I think it will work better for me because I'll be able to add in a book for review that I read at home in my free time.

      Have a good week! Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...