Some Tangled Webs (Waiting on Wednesday #96)

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Weekly book Meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.



Title: Tangled Webs (Tangled Webs #1)
Author: Lee Bross
Release Date: June 23rd, 2015
Genre: YA - Historical

“London, 1725. Everybody has a secret. Lady A will keep yours—for a price. This sumptuous, scandalous YA novel is wickedly addictive.

Lady A is the most notorious blackmailer in the city. With just a mask and a gown to disguise her, she sweeps into lavish balls and exclusive events collecting the most valuable currency in 1725 London—secrets.

But leading a double life isn't easy. By day Lady A is just a sixteen-year-old girl named Arista who lives in fear of her abusive master, Bones, and passes herself off as a boy to move safely through the squalor of London's slums. When Bones attempts to dispose of his pawn forever, Arista is rescued by the last person she expects: Jonathan Wild, the infamous Thief Taker General who moves seamlessly between the city's criminal underworld and its most elite upper circles. Arista partners with Wild on her own terms in the hopes of saving enough money to buy passage out of London.

Everything changes when she meets Graeden Sinclair, the son of a wealthy merchant. Grae has traveled the world, has seen the exotic lands Arista has longed to escape to her whole life, and he loves Arista for who she is—not for what she can do for him. Being with Grae gives something Arista something precious that she swore off long ago: hope. He has promised to help Arista escape the life of crime that has claimed her since she was a child. But can you ever truly escape the past?”

Why?:

  • A YA historical novel is something I have been looking for. 
  • This just sounds like so much fun...well, heartbreak...but fun. 
  • I really like the cover on this one for some reason, yay for cover shopping. 

What is your Waiting On Wednesday pick this week?

12 comments:

  1. I need more historical fiction books in my life! I love the cover too :-) Thank you for sharing! Here's my WoW if you would like to check it out! Have a great day! I'm a new follower too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There certainly seems to a lack of YA historical fiction. Maybe that'll be a new trend soon?

      Nice to meet you and thank you for following! Hope you have a great day too. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Nice pick. Been seeing this book a few times this week. I really hope you love all your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard much about this book myself, but hopefully it will turn out to be a good story.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. I've seen this book around before, the cover is very catchy. I hope you enjoy this read once it comes out - great pick <3

    <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? It looks like an embroidered patch or something. Every time I look at it I see a new design I hadn't noticed before.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Here is to hoping it is as interesting as it sounds.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. I haven't heard of this book before now but it sounds quite interesting!

    A nice WoW! Sharon – Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully it will turn out to be just as fun as it sounds!

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. This one sounds really good! Kind of like a historical pretty little liars :)

    I just found your blog and really love the name you chose! "Once Upon a Dream" gets stuck in my head alllll the time and I have it on my iTunes.

    Tiffany @ About to Read
    http://www.abouttoread.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never read Pretty Little Liars, do you recommend it?

      Thank you and thank you for stopping by!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...