Some Superheroes (Waiting on Wednesday #95)

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Weekly book Meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.



Title: Powerless (The Hero Agenda #1)
Author: Tera Lynn Childs and Tracy Deebs
Release Date: June 2nd, 2015
Genre: YA - Superheroes

“Kenna is tired of being "normal". The only thing special about her is that she isn't special at all. Which is frustrating in a world of absolutes. Villains, like the one who killed her father, are bad. Heroes, like her mother and best friend, are good. And Kenna, unlike everyone else around her, is completely ordinary— which she hates.

She’s secretly working on an experiment that will land her a place among the Heroes, but when a Villain saves her life during a break-in at her lab, Kenna discovers there’s a whole lot of gray area when it comes to good and evil and who she can trust.. After all…not all strength comes from superpowers.”

Why?:

  • Superheroes/Villains 
  • I love these opposites attract/connect stories. 
  • I have read nearly everything Tera Lynn Childs has written to date, except for a few novellas I haven't had a chance to read yet, and I love her work. 
What is your Waiting On Wednesday pick this week?

8 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this before, it's news to me. I do like the cover and opposites attract are one of my favorite romances in books! Thank you for putting it under my radar, I hope you enjoy this read once it comes out - great pick <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read almost everything Tera Lynn Childs has written, that's how I first heard about it. I have to say though, there hasn't been a lot of talk about it across the blogosphere yet.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I really like the sound of this. I'm also liking the idea of the gray areas being explored. Definitely will check this one out.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it when they explore "grey areas" in books. No one in real life is truly good nor evil, so why should they be in books? Hope you like it too.

      Dreams @ Once Upon A Dream Books

      Delete
  3. SO looking forward to this book! I hope you like the book! Check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you like it as well!

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. This is the first time I've seen this. It kind of reminds me of Cheyanne Young's POWERED and OVERPOWERED! Looks GOOD! :D Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, I haven't heard of those books before. But if they are in a similar vein as this one, then I'll have to check them out.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...