Top Ten Books On My Spring TBR List (Top Ten #76)

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Paper Bindings - Top Ten Books On My Spring TBR List (Top Ten #76)
A weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's theme is the Top Ten Books on My Spring TBR List





01. The Other Queen by Phillipa Gregory - As an avid anglophile and historian, I have been especially interested in the Tudor dynasty since watching Showtime's The Tudors and Starz's The White Queen and then again with my current favorite show CW's Reign. While I have read the great Innocent Traitor by Alison Weir, I have never read anything by Philippa Gregory and I must correct this. I am fascinated by Mary, Queen of Scots so I cannot wait to read this one.

 02. The Causal Vacancy J.K. Rowling - It is J.K. Rowling, so it must be read. While I also want to read the Cormoran Strike series, The Causal Vacancy seems much more in line with my tastes. Plus, I really would like to read some more adult books.

 03. Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel  - What can I say, I love the Tudors. They're intriguing. With all the plays and miniseries being made about this book series, I think I am a little behind and must rectify it.

04. The 100 by Kass Morgan - Books and television, two passions that keep connecting. I love CW's The 100, a show based on the book.

05. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon - I have had this book for going on ten years, sitting on my bookshelf. I am not a big fantasy fan, so I keep putting this one off. But, after seeing Starz's series, I moved this one back up on the TBR list.

06. The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith - I really enjoyed Jennifer E. Smith's earlier novel The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight and am looking forward to seeing if I like her other works. I picked this one because of my wanderlusting nature.

07.  In Between Days by Andrew Porter - As a late twenty-something I felt drawn to this book about trying to figure out what to do with your life, when things don't go the way you've planed.

08. Off Balance by Dominique Moceanu, Paul and Teri Williams - I'm not much of a sports person, but I really enjoy watching gymnastics. It's the only sport I regularly watch. I've been looking forward to reading this memoir by Gold medal winning 1996 U.S. Women's Gymnast.

09. Reboot by Amy Tintera - Another sci-fiction one, that's why it's been on my TBR for awhile, but should be a good read.

10. Fallen by Lauren Kate - Carrie was nice enough to give this to me after she cleared off her bookshelf. I have heard nothing, but good things about this series, though it is a little out of my comfort zone. I have to read this one before the film comes out in July.


What is your Top Ten this week?
author image

Tisha

As an INFJ Tisha doesn’t like she obsesses. Luckily, she has television, film, and books to keep her busy. Although YA is her favorite, she loves all types of books especially historical fiction. This resident Gryffindor also enjoys traveling and seeing where her wanderlusting nature will take her. Twitter

19 comments:

  1. I think I'd like to read The 100 before I watch the show - just in case I don't like it! :)
    Happy reading!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Definitely watch the show too, it's great!

      Delete
  2. Outlander's on my list too :) I really should read the Casual Vacancy, but I have my hopes up for another Harry Potter, and that's not what it is. I absolutely DESPISED Fallen. Hope you enjoy them all :)
    Here's my TTT: https://victoriajaynesbooks.wordpress.com/2015/03/17/825/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Yes, another Harry Potter would be much better lol. What didn't you like about Fallen?

      Delete
  3. I tried to read Fallen but i just couldn't get into it at all!

    Outlander is on my long list! I might tackle it next year :)

    My Top Ten :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No one seems to like Fallen, maybe I'll move that one off the list lol. Good luck with Outlander :)

      Delete
  4. oooh I want to read the casual vacancy as well, I've just never gotten around to it! I did rather enjoy the Geography of You and Me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I'm excited for Geography of You and Me, I'm glad you liked it. I hope you enjoy Casual Vacancy!

      Delete
  5. You have some great books here. I really enjoyed the casual vacancy and too have OUtlander & Wolf Hall in my pile somewhere! As a 'gym' mum & major sports fan I love a good sport bio so I might add this too. Thanks for the share :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking forward to reading all the books on your list. I adored the Harry Potter novels, but I haven't checked out any of Rowling's other books yet. I'll have to add The Casual Vacancy to my TBR. I'm especially anticipating The Geography of You and Me after a friend of mine loved This is What Happy Looks Like. Enjoy your reads!:)

    Claire @ Cover to Cover

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, the Fallen movie comes out in July? Hmm.... Just for the record....this is not my favorite recommendation for paranormal book. So if you hate it, I will just toss more titles out at you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Dreams! Yup, I just found that out, we'll have to check it out!

      Delete
  8. I just bought The Other Queen by Philippa Gregory recently. I love her books.
    Awesome list! Enjoy.

    -Melissa Lee ( http://mlsmanyreads.blogspot.ca/ )

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to check out Fallen for myself, I've heard many great things about it. Lovely list! Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...