TTT: Top 10 books I can't believe I haven't read in the Sci-Fi/Fantasy genre

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Paper Bindings - TTT: Top 10 books I can't believe I haven't read in the Sci-Fi/Fantasy genre

A weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's theme is the Top Ten Books I can't believe I haven't read from the Sci-fi Fantasy Genre:

We all have blank spots on our library shelves.Spots filled with the books we haven't gotten around to reading yet.

Books that everyone we know assumes we have already read. Either because everybody has already read them. Or because they know our tastes and think well you must have read them.

Well, here's my shocking list of books I have not read...

01- Anything by Jules Verne: For someone who mainlined a Sci-Fi Channel Tv show called 'The Secret Adventures of Jules Verne', not having read a single one of his books is kind of ironic. Not to mention liking the genre but not having read any books by it's founder...

02- The Sandman by Neil Gaiman: I've heard so many good things about this series that it feels like something I have to read. This is one of those books that is always referenced by talented authors and avid readers alike, so I figure it's a must.

03- The Gunslinger by Stephen King: This has been recommended to me about a dozen times, and well: Science Fiction cow-boy action novel? Yes please.

04- The Giver by Lois Lowry: "How did you choose to read Number the Stars instead of the The Giver!?", cried everyone who I ever told that story.

05- Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card: You read that correctly. A Sci-fi fan who hasn't read Ender's Game.

06- The Lost World by Arthur Conan Doyle: This is another case of having watched the TV show but not read the book. I am appropriately ashamed of myself.

07-A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle: Yep, I haven't read this one either. What did I do with my childhood, you may ask? Hundreds of Babysitter's Club and Nancy Drew adventures. But I should have made the time...

08- The Last Dragonslayer by Jasper Fforde: The fact that there are so many Jasper Fforde books that I haven't read is truly disturbing. I am shocked and appalled at myself. Shocked and appalled.

09- The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis: Please don't stone me, but yes, I haven't read this series either. I did read The Screwtape Letters though, that has to count for something!... Don't judge me on my misspent youth!

10- Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick: Two words, one movie: Blade Runner. How have I not read the book Blade Runner was based on? My apologies to Harrison Ford.


What is your Top Ten this week?
author image

Stephanie

Stephanie is a tutor who loves helping people improve and excel. She loves a good story, so is obsessed with books, films, TV, and comics. A regular geek with a heart of gold ;)

7 comments:

  1. I have never read a Neil Gaiman or Stephen King book a major fail on my Part.

    My top ten http://readingawaythedays.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/top-ten-tuesday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit that I've never read any Stephen King either, now that I think of it... we're terrible, lol.

      You've got a great list. Paranormalcy was pretty good, but that's the only one I can vouch for!

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. I've read a couple of Jules Vern books and enjoyed them, just not thought that they were anything spectacular. I mostly read them because that's where sci-fi got it's start and because there's elements of what we currently consider steampunk in it. I really, really want to read The Lost World - I don't know why I haven't gotten there yet. (I've seen the show, too.) Hope you enjoy reading these books once you get to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to read and respond :)

      If you like Jules Verne and Steampunk, then you will love that TV show I mentioned. It was my gateway into Steampunk, lol

      As for Lost World; I liked the show, I enjoyed reading the Sherlock Holmes stories, so it's a no-brainer that I should read it... which I will eventually... Why is my TBR list so frelling long?

      Delete
  3. I haven't read any of these except The Chronicles of Narnia. You haven't read them??!!!???! I read them in order of event. So good! You. Need. To. Read. Them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And reading The Screwtape Letters doesn't count. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lack of Narnia leaves an admittedly huge gaping hole in my literary landscape. And I hate to shock you even more, but I've only seen the first movie, so even my Hollywood exposure is limited XD

      I will fix it someday, because I'm always kind of embarrassed to admit that I haven't read it when I hear other people praising it, lol. It's such a big part of the culture and missing out on something great is never fun.

      Thanks for reading and responding!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...