I Dream of Jinn (Waiting on Wednesday #86)

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Weekly book Meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.



Title: Becoming Jinn (Becoming Jinn #1)
Author: Lori Goldstein
Release Date: April 21st, 2015
Genre: YA - Paranormal

“Forget everything you thought you knew about genies!

Azra has just turned sixteen, and overnight her body lengthens, her olive skin deepens, and her eyes glisten gold thanks to the brand-new silver bangle that locks around her wrist. As she always knew it would, her Jinn ancestry brings not just magical powers but the reality of a life of servitude, as her wish granting is controlled by a remote ruling class of Jinn known as the Afrit.

To the humans she lives among, she’s just the girl working at the snack bar at the beach, navigating the fryer and her first crush. But behind closed doors, she’s learning how to harness her powers and fulfill the obligations of her destiny.

Mentored by her mother and her Zar “sisters”, Azra discovers she may not be quite like the rest of her circle of female Jinn . . . and that her powers could endanger them all. As Azra uncovers the darker world of becoming Jinn, she realizes when genies and wishes are involved, there’s always a trick.”


Goodreads

Why?

  • I'm not sure how I feel about Jinn, but it's not something I read too much about. So it'll be a fresh thing for me. 
  • How do you prepare for a lifetime of servitude? 

What is your Waiting On Wednesday pick this week?

6 comments:

  1. I love that cover! I think the whole Jinn thing appeals to me just because it's different. I'd give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't usually see a lot of jinns/genies in stories lately. Plus with the darker vibe mentioned, maybe they will be closer to mythology.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any books about genies either, so it will be nice to read something new. Thanks for sharing!
    My WoW: http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/02/waiting-on-wednesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you get a chance to read it, hope you like it.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Great pick! This one seems pretty good and I like how it's not like other books I've read. Genies are so awesome!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit I usually like the genie/jinn stories where they are on the darker side, more true to myths. So this one sounds like it has potential.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...