A Trip To Rome (Waiting on Wednesday #85)

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Weekly book Meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.



Title: An Ember in the Ashes
Author: Sabaa Tahir
Release Date: April 28th, 2014
Genre: YA - Fantasy

“Set in a terrifyingly brutal Rome-like world, An Ember in the Ashes is an epic fantasy debut about an orphan fighting for her family and a soldier fighting for his freedom. It’s a story that’s literally burning to be told.

LAIA is a Scholar living under the iron-fisted rule of the Martial Empire. When her brother is arrested for treason, Laia goes undercover as a slave at the empire’s greatest military academy in exchange for assistance from rebel Scholars who claim that they will help to save her brother from execution.

ELIAS is the academy’s finest soldier—and secretly, its most unwilling. Elias is considering deserting the military, but before he can, he’s ordered to participate in a ruthless contest to choose the next Martial emperor.

When Laia and Elias’s paths cross at the academy, they find that their destinies are more intertwined than either could have imagined and that their choices will change the future of the empire itself.”


Goodreads

Why?

  • You had me at "Rome-like world." 
  • Rebel Scholars. 
  • With a hint of romance. 

What is your Waiting On Wednesday pick this week?

8 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting. Hope you enjoy it! What sort of era does this take place in? My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if it takes place in the same time period as ancient Rome or if is more fantasy, but Rome-like world like. Now that you ask that, I'm curious as well.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Awesome pick! I just saw this one for the first time this morning. This one sounds awesome. Thanks so much for sharing this week. Have a great week reading. My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard much feedback about this one yet, but here is to hoping it's good.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. This does sound really good!! Here's mine - https://alisbooks.wordpress.com/2015/02/11/waiting-on-wednesday-16-the-sin-eaters-daughter/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does. :) I'm hoping it'll live up to that promise.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. I'm still deciding on whether I should pre-order this or not.. I have heard nothing but praise about this novel, so I do hope it's as fantastic as it sounds :) Great pick <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to preorder this one myself, but moving limited what I could preorder for a while. I've only seen on negative review on this book and it was more of a "was good, but didn't live up to hype" type things. So I am holding out hope for it.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...