Hides In Shame - I Meant To Read These Books Last Year (Top Ten Tuesday #67)

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Paper Bindings -Hides In Shame - I Meant To Read These Books Last Year (Top Ten Tuesday #67)

A weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's theme is the Top Ten 2014 Releases I Meant To Read But Didn't Get To:

stone cold touch by jennifer lynn armentrout

01. Stone Cold Touch (The Dark Elementals #2) by Jennifer Lynn Armentrout  - I rather enjoyed White Hot Kiss and with all the promos and the you pick the guy she ends up with stuff, I truly intended to read Stone Cold Touch. But certain personal events got in the way of reading and this one slipped passed me.

ruin and rising by leigh bardugo



02. Ruin and Rising (Geisha #3) by Leigh Bardugo - I'll admit it, I never read Ruin and Rising  because I don't want it to end. Then I spoiled myself and learned who she ended up with, and I'm just not a fan. So, this one stayed hidden in the shadows.


midnight thief by livia blackburne




03. Midnight Thief (Midnight Thief #1) by Livia Blackburne - I have no valid excuse. I read and loved Poison Dance, the novella, and even preordered this bad boy. But, again life.

in the afterlight by alexandra bracken




04. In The Afterlight (The Darkest Minds #3) by Alexandra Bracken - My excuse on this one is simple. By the time I actually got my copy, it was Christmas and I reading then wasn't going to happen.

ravencliffe by carol goodman



05. Ravencliffe (Blythewood #2) by Carol Goodman - I want to read this one, but I want to own it. Because of that I never borrowed it from the library. And with the book buying ban in place, it may be a bit.

cruel beauty by rosamund hodge




06. Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty #1) by Rosamund Hodge - I own this one, its' a beauty and the beast retelling, so why haven't I read it yet?

a breath of frost by Alyxandra Harvey



07. A Breath of Frost (#1) by Alyxandra Harvey - Another book I HAD to buy when it came out, only to have it sit on my shelves untouched except for a few instagram photos.

Talon by Julie Kagawa




08. Talon (Talon #1) by Julie Kagawa- DRAGONS! I preordered a signed copy. So why haven't I attempted to read this.

the young elites by marie lu



09. The Young Elite (The Young Elite #1) by Marie Lu - My lovely signed copy is sitting there on my shelves right now staring at me. 'WHY haven't you read me,' it asks. I don't know book, I don't know.

the burning sky by sherry thomas


10. The Burning Sky (#1) by Sherry Thomas - Book buying fail! This was meant as a "my condolences, please indulge in a book to distract you from your loss" gift to myself. But I just wasn't in the mood to read, and I haven't touched it since then. Not for lack of want, but because I'm overwhelmed with library books and owned TBR piles.






How sad is it that I own 9/10 of these books? Well, I know how 2015 is going to start out.

What is your Top Ten this week?

12 comments:

  1. Midnight Thief and Cruel Beauty are also on my list! I did read Afterlight but I was quite disappointed with it just because the first two books were so amazing and it really didn't do them justice. You can find my full review here if you wish to see it.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no! That is disappointing to hear about Afterlight. I haven't read it yet, but if it takes the turn I am dreading, I can see how it might not live up to the other two.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I didn't get to Midnight Thief or In the Afterlight either yet but I have every intention of reading them soon. As for The Burning Sky, Cruel Beauty and Ruin and Rising - I HIGHLY recommend them!!

    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't met a single person who disliked Burning. I have heard mixed reviews about Cruel and Ruin, but another recommendation works well in their favor on my TBR pile.

      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Great List! I also loved how you put your list this week.

    My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) And thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I´ve read and loved The Burning Sky!! hope you can read it soon-ish.
    Here is My Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another in favor of Burning Sky, I might have to include it in next week's TBR pile.

      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. The Young Elites is also on my list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone I talked to adores it, so here is to hoping we will too.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. The only one of these I've read is Cruel Beauty and it was AMAZING! You should definitely read it soon! :) I hope you love all of these!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot wait to read Cruel Beauty so seeing another high recommendation is wonderful. I think this might also have to be included in my TBR pile for next week.

      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...