A Last Minute Addition (Waiting on Wednesday #83)

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Weekly book Meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.



Title: Red Queen (Red Queen Trilogy #1)
Author: Victoria Aveyard
Release Date: February 1st, 2015
Genre: YA - Fantasy

“Graceling meets The Selection in debut novelist Victoria Aveyard's sweeping tale of seventeen-year-old Mare, a common girl whose once-latent magical power draws her into the dangerous intrigue of the king's palace. Will her power save her or condemn her?

Mare Barrow's world is divided by blood--those with common, Red blood serve the Silver- blooded elite, who are gifted with superhuman abilities. Mare is a Red, scraping by as a thief in a poor, rural village, until a twist of fate throws her in front of the Silver court. Before the king, princes, and all the nobles, she discovers she has an ability of her own.

To cover up this impossibility, the king forces her to play the role of a lost Silver princess and betroths her to one of his own sons. As Mare is drawn further into the Silver world, she risks everything and uses her new position to help the Scarlet Guard--a growing Red rebellion--even as her heart tugs her in an impossible direction. One wrong move can lead to her death, but in the dangerous game she plays, the only certainty is betrayal.”


Goodreads

Why?:

  • Okay, I may have initially, accidentally skipped over this one the first time I saw it. Please don't beat me. But then I started ACTUALLY hearing what it was about. And the initial buzz won me over. 
  • After ACTUALLY reading the full blurb, I realized I am indeed an idiot, and that this book sounded pretty good. 
  • Superhuman abilities. Yes, please. 

What is your Waiting On Wednesday pick this week?

14 comments:

  1. I am also really excited for this one. I have been hearing mixed things though so I am trying to keep my expectations low so I don't succumb to the hype monster!

    My WWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was super excited, and then reviews started popping up. Half the bloggers who have similar tastes as me love it and the other half dislike it. This is going to be one of those books that could go either way for me I think.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Loving the list. This author is pretty popular. :D
    I also loved how you put your list this week.

    My waiting on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is one of the bigger debuts this year (or at least, it is the one I heard about the most.)

      Thank you and thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Release date is almost here. I can't wait to get my hands or my Kindle loaded with this one.

    My WoW this week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either. I really want to know for myself if I am going to love it or not based upon the mixed reviews I have been hearing.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. you had me at superhuman abilities...lol...I'e seen this one around alot and it does sound good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was exactly my response. XD Even since I first saw XMEN, I've loved the concept of superhuman abilities.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. I read this and it was AWESOME! A lot of people are giving it mixed reviews, which is understandable, but I found it a nicely written book :)

    My WoW, here!
    - Nova @ Out of Time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, another positive review. I cannot wait to get a copy.

      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Haha, I've done the same thing with so many other books! I'm really excited to check it out, happy reading!!

    Here's my WoW for the week: Vision in Silver

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When a book you've initially skipped over keeps showing up again and again I think it deserves a second look. Hopefully it'll be great!

      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Lol it also took me about 5 times of it showing up in a post before actually reading what it was about, and yes it sounds awesome! I love books with superhuman abilities/superpowers so this one is def on my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I initially skipped over this one as well. (I blame the cover.)

      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...