November Recap - Also Known As The Month of Pie

Monday, December 1, 2014

Paper Bindings - All Things Life, Books, and Blog Monthly Recap -
Your guide to what's happening at Paper Bindings.

So I'd thought I'd try something new. I've been seeing monthly recaps more and more on blogs, and until recently I've never thought much about them. I'd read the posts, add the books to my TBR, and follow the links.

Then someone posted a number. It was a simple how many books they read the month. But it got me thinking, how many books do I read a month? So I thought monthly recaps would be a cool way for me to track my reading more. If you guys find these posts cool, than all the better.


November was a busy month for me.


Why?

Aside from the personal issues I have been wading through these past few months, November added another layer of challenge.


Because of NaNoWriMo! The goal was to write 50k worth of words.

Goals:
* Win NaNo with at least 50k
* Finish this draft

Results:
I've finished NaNo with a grand *dies a little* total of 15,187 words.

I really have no words for my failure. When I ACTUALLY sat down and wrote, things happened....but I've had a hard few months and convincing myself to sit down and write AND get caught up/plan ahead with blog stuff AND get ready for vacation AND survive my job...was just a bit too ambitious for me.


Read

I read 15 books this month.

If it wasn't for my lunch hour at work, I wouldn't have gotten anything read. Which is why I'm moving slowly with my e-books. There has to be a better balance somewhere.

 



Reviewed

  •  The Laird (Captive Hearts #3) by Grace Burrowes - 4/5
  • Dragon Seer (Novella) by Heather McCorkle - 3.5/5
  • Deep Blue Secret by Christie Anderson - DNF
  • A Taste of Winter (Lakeside #2) by Laila Blake - 4/5
  • The Diamond Thief (#1) by Sharon Gosling - 3.5/5
  • What A Lady Needs For Christmas (MacGregors #4) by Grace Burrowes - 4/5
  • The Body Electric by Beth Revis - 4/5
  • The Hero of Ages (Mistborn #3) by Brandon Sanderson - 5/5
  • The Colorado Kid by Stephen King - 2/5
  • Just For Fins (Fins #3) by Tera Lynn Childs - 3/5
  • Sea of Shadows (Age of Legends #1) by Kelley Armstrong - 4/5
  • Oh. My. Gods. (Oh My Gods #1) by Tera Lynn Childs - 4/5
  • Goddess Boot Camp (Oh My Gods #2) by Tera Lynn Childs - 4/5
  • The Queen is Dead (The Immortal Empire #2) by Kate Locke - 4/5
  • Long Live the Queen (The Immortal Empire #3) by Kate Locke - 4/5


Overall rating of books this month: 3.5/5


Up on the Blog



What's In Store

December is a crazy month. In addition to all the holiday stuff I have planned, and all the end of year recaps to do, I am going on vacation. That's right, I'm taking a trip down to warm weather and sunny days. I'll still be around posting and chatting whenever I get access to wifi, but mostly I am going to be relaxing.

Challenge wise, I the month of December, I have several mini challenges planned.
(01) Complete Wheel of Time read through -
I own all of these books, I just have not read them all because I cannot recall all the important details since it's been years since I started them.

(02) Stop pretending they don't exist and finish those series! -
I'm bad at this. I hate endings
I hate leaving behind good series, and even ones that are not so good.
 BUT, since December is the last month of the year, and the twelfth month of the year, my goal is to finish 12 series that I own.
(1- Wheel of Time series - bks 1-11 reread, read books 12-14 - Robert Jordan/Brandon Sanderson)
(2- Death and the Girl He Loves #3 - Darynda Jones)
(3- Fragile Darkness #3 - Ellie James)
(4- Taste of Darkness #3 - Maria V. Snyder)
(5- Ruin and Rising #3 - Leigh Bardugo)
(6- The Book of Live #3 - Deborah Harkness)
(7- Daylighters #15 by Rachel Caine)
(8- Eternal #3 by Kristi Cook)
(9- A Million Suns #2 / Shades of Earth #3 - Beth Revis )
(10- Free Souls #3 by Susan Kaye Quinn)
(12- I don't know what this one will be yet, but I will find a twelfth series to finish.)

2 comments:

  1. I've had the same problem... I'm reading 5 books, but not really making my way through them.... Also, I've recently started getting in to Romance. How is Grace Burrowes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. December is not shaping up to be much better reading wise for me. :(

      If you are looking for a good historical romance series, I'd say The Heir by Grace Burrowes or The Duke and I by Julia Quinn are good places to start.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...