Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Tag

Friday, November 21, 2014


I'm not sure who started this tag, but I was tagged by Ashlea and Angie of Disquietus Reads.

My first tag ever! Thanks guys!

Guidelines:

01. Thank the blogger that nominated you and link back to their website.
02. Post the award’s logo on your blog.
03. Answer the ten questions you have been asked.
04. Nominator ten other bloggers and ask them ten other questions.


The Questions:

01. What is one book or series that you would make everyone read if you could?

The Wheel of Time series. This is the first series that really got me into reading for fun and not just for school, so it needs to be shared with the world. Or those five people who haven't read it yet....

02. Who is your favorite book boyfriend/girlfriend?

*Looks at harem of book boyfriends.* This is a hard question.....

SO....my current favorite book boyfriend is GANSEY!

03. What are your favorite book covers?

My favorite recently acquired book covers are:


I may have a thing for fantasy....

04. Name 3 fictional places you would move to in a heartbeat.

This is hard, most of my favorite fictional places are a bit too unfriendly to live and I'd die....but...

* Hogwarts, post Dark Lord naturally. I've got my acceptance letter and all.
* The universe the Study series takes place in. I want one of these abilities!
* Sanctuary - the bar in New Orleans that is featured in the Dark Hunters universe. *glomps the shifters*

05. What books are you looking forward to most in 2015?

All of them?

No?

Then I'll just pick three: Winter by Melissa Meyer,  A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas, and Book 4 of The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater.

06. Name your favorite and least favorite books of 2014.

(I'm going to take this question as what I've read during 2014 as opposed to what came out during 2014, since I haven't read a lot of those.)

Favorite: I've had a lot more meh books this year than normal, but strangely enough, I've had a lot of books that I truly loved and needed to own. This is such a hard decision, and I am sure I am forgetting a few during my deliberation.....but......I am going to have to pick Mistborn: The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson. I just loved the characters, loved the world, and had to buy the shinny box set even though I owned the ebooks. For the record, I AM a mistborn flying high above my city...

Least Favorite: Carinval of Souls by Marissa Marr (AKA. Carnival of Secrets) : I had several major problems with character development, plot points, and decisions that were made that were too close to several triggers situations that I just cannot read. This book was not for me.

07. Who is your most owned author?

Sherrilyn Kenyon. I own all of the books/novellas in her Dark Hunter, Chronicles of Nick series, The League, and Belador series to date. I own a few of the BAD books, and most of the books she wrote under Kinley MacGregor.

08. When and why did you start blogging?

Because I needed a hobby and it sounded like fun?

In all seriousness, I used to have a bunch of websites way back when and I really enjoyed running them. Somewhere along the line I started following some bloggers for their recommendations, then I joined Goodreads and it was history. Writing reviews on Goodreads was really my stepping stone into getting my own blog. Back in October 2012, I finally decided to go for it. Now, several years later, I'm slowly trying to decide if it's worth it for me to get my own site again and move my blog up to bigger and better things.

09. What is your favorite thing about blogging?

The community. My friends know I love books, I mean we are in a book club together, but I very rarely get to fangirl with them. But the blogging community is great for that. I get to squeal and ship with the best of them. Even when I am not in my fangirl mode, I get to talk and laugh, and make some new friends. Plus the more I get to know my fellow bloggers, the more recommendations for great new books I get.

10. What hobbies do you have besides reading?

Right now, I have quite of few reoccurring hobbies vying for my time. I am trying to reteach myself all those photography lessons I've had over the years. Which is part of the reason I started an Instagram. It's slow going, many because I need to create some better backdrops and work spaces to photograph in.

I also do a lot of writing to pass the time and get these characters on page. If I'm lucky, maybe there is something more to that in my future.

Once again, my cycle of video games is coming back around with four recent additions to my collection. I tend to play games until I beat them and collect all the achievements I possibly can. My xbox is my bff right now...


But my newest hobby of all is working with clay. So far I've made a few pieces, but I'm working on teaching myself how to work with clay to create better creations.

My Nominees

Most of the bloggers I talk to have already done this tag or were tagged when I was tagged. So.....
01. Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books
02. Anyone reading this who wants to participate.

The Questions:

01. Do you attend book gatherings? (Book clubs, book cons, author signings.)
02. What is your favorite bookish swag to collect?
03. What books do you wish more people have read?
04. What genre do you wish you've read more books in?
05. What is your gateway book into the world of avid reading?
06. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, which one would you choose?
07. Favorite aspect of blogging?
08. What does your TBR pile look like? (# books, ebk/paperback/etc, titles, etc.)
09. What author do you wish you started reading years ago?
10. Most anticipated book of 2015?

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for doing this tag with us! So fun :)

    The Assassin's Blade cover is one of my all-time favorites <3

    SEE YOU AT HOGWARTS! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for tagging me. :)

      I love that cover. It's so blue and badass.

      There is always room for more friends at Hogwarts.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...