It's That Time of Year Again - NANOWRIMO

Saturday, November 1, 2014


Image courtesy of National Novel Writing Month


It's November 1st, and you know what that means: NaNo time!


What? You don't know what NaNoWriMo is? NaNoWriMo is just what the name suggests. For the moment of November, all us closet writes crawl out of our caves, dump our excuses, and write a story. Our goal is a minimum of 50k words.

November, also known as the month were twitter goes crazy with sprints, phone calls get ignored, and coffee stock soars through the roof, is the prefect time for us to sit down and write. (Or, as I like to call it, the 'please-excuse-the-lack-of-reading-I-do month.')

If you fancy yourself a writer, check it out. The atmosphere is fantastic, and with all the pep talks that pop up, there really is no excuse for you not to join. After all, fellow aspiring writers, you should be writing all the time already.

Already a NaNo participant? I wish you the best of luck this year!

2014 is my second official year as a participant, and the third year I wrote a story during November. I don't quite count 2012 since I finished a book during November, but started it in October. (Then I found out about this little thing called NaNo, and it's all history.) This year I am working on the second draft of a story that's spent the entire year pestering me reminding me of why I like to write. The story is a science fiction, New Adult novel, that could be the start of something.

Feel free to add me as a buddy or encourage me on twitter.

All you NaNo-ers, what are you writing about this month?

2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to participate in this since I first heard about it! Alas, I'm a senior in college and finals are at the beginning of December. :( Next year for sure! I wish you the best of luck!

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's a lot of fun. If you can next year, I highly recommend it.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...