A Winning Sequel (Waiting on Wednesday #72)

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Weekly book Meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.


The Winner's Crime by Maire Rutkoski
Title: The Winner's Crime (The Winner's Trilogy #2)
Author: Marie Rutkoski
Release Date: March 3rd 2015
Genre: YA - Fantasy
“The engagement of Lady Kestrel to Valoria’s crown prince means one celebration after another. But to Kestrel it means living in a cage of her own making. As the wedding approaches, she aches to tell Arin the truth about her engagement…if she could only trust him. Yet can she even trust herself? For—unknown to Arin—Kestrel is becoming a skilled practitioner of deceit: an anonymous spy passing information to Herran, and close to uncovering a shocking secret.

As Arin enlists dangerous allies in the struggle to keep his country’s freedom, he can’t fight the suspicion that Kestrel knows more than she shows. In the end, it might not be a dagger in the dark that cuts him open, but the truth. And when that happens, Kestrel and Arin learn just how much their crimes will cost them.”

Why?:

With the way book one ended, how can I not be excited for this book?

What is your Waiting On Wednesday pick this week?

8 comments:

  1. I can't wait! I can't wait! I can't wait! After the way The Winner's Curse ended I NEED to read this book but the wait is still soo long. I really hope The Winner's Crime won't disappoint me. I hope there won't be a love triangle, it would ruin everything for me. I'm probably just paranoid because the synopsis doesn't suggest anything like that but I'm still suspicious because we know close to nothing about the prince.
    Great pick!
    My WoW: http://reading-is-dreaming-with-open-eyes.blogspot.hu/2014/11/waiting-on-wednesday-21-ruby-circle-by.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That ending! I know! A lot of people have loved it so far, so I am hoping it will be just as good. I really hope there is not going to be a love triangle. It's one thing going in to a series/book knowing there is going to be a love triangle, and another letting out characters fall for the other, then tossing in another person. But you make a good point. What is he like?

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I so need this book in my life as well. I totally understand the need you have. The cover is awesome. So many great books coming out next year. Not enough time to read them all.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My only real sadness, is when I do get this book, it doesn't come with the cool little weapon swag I've seen floating around the blogosphere. Next year looks to be another great year of books.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Completely agree, I had been losing steam with book one until that ending which did not play out at all like I thought and now I just have no idea what is coming next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things could go either way with that ending. I am very curious.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Great pick! This is definitely one of my most highly anticipated books. I loved The Winner's Curse and can't wait to see what happens next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I wasn't expecting to enjoy book one. It sounded interesting, but it was overhyped...but I ended up loving it. I hope this book continues all the great things from one.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...