Waiting on firebug... (53)

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Weekly book Meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.

Title: Firebug
Author: Lish McBride
Genre: YA - Paranormal
Release Date: September 23rd, 2014

Goodreads

"Ava can start fires with her mind . . . but is it a blessing or a curse?

Ava is a firebug—she can start fires with her mind. Which would all be well and good if she weren't caught in a deadly contract with the Coterie, a magical mafia. She's one of their main hit men . . . and she doesn't like it one bit. Not least because her mother's death was ordered by Venus—who is now her boss.

When Venus asks Ava to kill a family friend, Ava rebels. She knows very well that you can't say no to the Coterie and expect to get away with it, though, so she and her friends hit the road, trying desperately to think of a way out of the mess they find themselves in. Preferably keeping the murder to a minimum."


Why?:

Because it sounds interesting. Plus magical mafia, doesn't that just sound fun?

What is your Waiting On Wednesday pick this week?

14 comments:

  1. That sounds really interesting, I'll have to look it up. Also, if you like magical mafia you should try out Holly Black's Curse Workers series. It may not be the best series ever, but I think the way that she set up the world was absolutely brilliant and believable.

    Here's what I'm waiting on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have the first book in that series in my TBR pile in my room. Hopefully I can get too is soon.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I'm waiting on Patrick Rothfuss's third installment in the Kingkiller Chronicles, Doors of Stone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't heard of that series before, but it sounds interesting. I'll have to look into it.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Starting fire with your mind, sounds pretty awesome to me. Kinda scary too. Great pick.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if that's one of those powers that cause you problems when you get angry...

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. This is new to me but it actually sounds really good! Officially added to my TBR! Great pick!

    Here's my WoW

    Xoxo. Alexis @ Lexi Swoons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another TBR pile corrupted, lol. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. I can't wait! I have an egalley that I really should start! Great pick ~Megan
    http://wp.me/pzUn5-22V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky! I hope you enjoy the book. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. I agree with the comment above, definitely pick up the Curse workers series if you haven't read it yet, it's so good. This sounds really good too, and what a cool cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *moves book number one up on her TBR list* I shall get to it soon.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like it could be quite entertaining! I've heard good things about the author's Necromancer series although I haven't read them myself.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rather enjoyed the Necromancer series, so I had high hopes for this book. You should definitely check out the Necromancer series as soon as you have time.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...